Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 68 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Summary: A lighting technician performs a variety of commercial lighting installations, repairs, upgrades, retrofits, analysis, specialty installations, and maintenance operations for commercial clients/customers at their on-site locations. Assist lighting foreman on lighting projects
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain lighting controls and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Replace failed ballasts, drivers, or transformers; damaged sockets/tombstones; and or other components within the confines of lighting fixtures.
- Test lighting systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as an ohmmeter or voltmeter to ensure compatibility and safety to system.
- Train workers to install, maintain, or repair lighting controls, equipment, and fixtures.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power equipment, measuring devices, and power tools.
- Repair or replace lighting controls and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, personnel lifts, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using specifications given and necessary hand tools.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- Must have some degree of electrical training and or experience equal with commercial lighting systems.
- An electrical apprentice license is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED or technical degree preferred.
- Ability to maneuver in restricted/challenging spacing, manual dexterity, and hand eye coordination.
- Willing to travel and work abnormal hours to accommodate customer requirements as necessary.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Work and maneuver in restricted/challenging spacing.
- Manual dexterity.
- Hand eye coordination.
- Office, cubicle or work station, or Job trailer or Job Site
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.