Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 900 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 71 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
The Heavy Equipment Operator has a physically strenuous and demanding job. The job requires lifting, pulling, and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Heavy Equipment Operator will work in all weather and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. The Heavy Equipment Operator must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way.
The Heavy Equipment Operator interact with NABHOLZ employees, subcontractors, customers and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner. The Equipment Operator must have good communication skills and great safety record.
Heavy Construction Equipment Operators operate heavy transportation and construction equipment including, trucks, bulldozers, backhoes, graders, forklifts, cranes, and asphalt equipment.
- operating a wide variety of heavy-duty self-propelled construction equipment for projects including, building construction, roadway construction, pier construction, grading, and excavation.
- performing minor maintenance on equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- preparing operational reports on equipment.
- operate rock crushing and well-drilling equipment.
- Reading, interpreting blueprints, and preparing sketches for projects.
- Safety Sensitive position.
- Knowledge of Heavy Equipment such as: bulldozers, backhoes, loaders, cranes, and asphalt equipment.
- Rock crushing and well-drilling equipment.
- Reading Blueprints.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently.
- Ability to work in heat or cold, work outside, and work in high elevations.
- May lift and carry heavy objects 5 -25 pounds frequently, 25- 50 pounds often, and 50-100 pounds occasionally.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously.
- Work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, and hearing.
- While working in construction, laborers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
- Ability to work outside.
- Hot, wet, or cold environment.
- High elevations.
- Job site, trailer, or office.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.